Become a Medical Assistant with Training from NCE
So you are interested in joining the medical profession, and you are considering a career as a medical assistant? Congratulations! A career as a medical assistant is an excellent choice for your future. The healthcare industry is growing nationwide (BLS), and as the American healthcare system continues to modernize and embrace current technologies, the need for trained medical professionals grows. With National Career Education (NCE), you can train to be a medical assistant in as few as 9 months! If you are interested in learning more about becoming a medical assistant, read on to learn what you can expect from a quality, accredited training program such as the one offered at NCE.
NCE offers an accelerated, flexible training program
At NCE, we know our students are busy people, and in response to students’ needs, we have developed our Medical Assistant training program to be as flexible as possible. With NCE, you can complete the coursework necessary to obtain certification as a medical assistant in as few as 9 months. NCE offers flexible scheduling, including day, evening, and weekend classes, so you can complete them on your schedule, however it works for you. We also offer individualized student support from professional faculty, so students receive the personal attention and guidance they need in order to be successful. With your dedication, our staff and faculty will be with you every step of the way as you train for your new career. With NCE, it is now more possible than ever before to obtain the training you need!
NCE offers an accredited, thorough training program
In NCE’s Medical Assistant program, students learn both the clinical skills and the administrative knowledge they need to be excellent job candidates for medical assisting positions. Students at NCE learn administrative skills including:
- Greeting patients and answering telephone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Updating and filing patients' medical records
- Verifying patient information and health insurance
- Completing and filing paperwork such as surgical permission forms, health check forms and insurance paperwork
As well as clinical skills including:
- Preparing the examination rooms
- Measuring patients' vital signs
- Administering medications and injections
- Recording information in medical recordkeeping systems, such as the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
- Preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies
- Collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing
- Preparing the patient for any scheduled procedures, and helping to answer questions they may have regarding the procedure
NCE’s program provides practical, hands-on training to prepare graduates to obtain the National Healthcareer Association Certification from the NHA certifying agency. NCE is an accredited member of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and our programs meet national standards, so you know you are getting an education and training you can trust, and that employers will value. With training from NCE, you will be trained for a variety of positions in the medical field, including as a medical assistant, a clinical or administrative medical assistant and a medical receptionist.
NCE provides career placement assistance that can help get you hired
With NCE, you are never alone; our helpful, professional career services staff assist every student in obtaining the employment for which they have been trained. NCE’s career and placement services include:
- Professional development and individualized job placement advising
- Assistance in the preparation of effective resumes and cover letters
- Assistance in preparation for job interviews and completing job applications
- Contacting prospective employers
- Career fairs and on-campus interviewing
- Access to NCE’s extensive network of employers in northern California
If you choose NCE for your career training, you will find a community of support. Our professional faculty and helpful staff have a mission to see you succeed, and we will do everything possible to help you obtain a position in your chosen field. Plus, NCE will stay by your side for the entire duration of your career: Graduates are welcomed to return at any time in their career for free career-placement assistance and free refresher training!
Want to learn more about becoming a medical assistant with NCE? Call us today! We are ready to help you get on your way to a successful new career. Call 1-800-915-3562 to schedule a tour of our modern campus in Citrus Heights, California, or to begin the enrollment process. What are you waiting for? Train for a successful healthcare career with NCE!