Become a Medical Office Professional with Training from NCE
So you are interested in joining the medical profession, and you are considering a career as a medical assistant? Congratulations! A career as a medical assistant is an excellent choice for your future. The healthcare industry is growing nationwide (BLS), and as the American healthcare system continues to modernize and embrace current technologies, the need for trained medical professionals grows. With National Career Education (NCE), you can train to be a medical assistant in as few as 9 months! If you are interested in learning more about becoming a medical assistant, read on to learn what you can expect from a quality, accredited training program such as the one offered at NCE.
NCE has developed the Medical Assistant training program to be as flexible as possible. NCE’s program offers an online-hybrid format, allowing students to take many of the courses online. Students can complete their online coursework on their schedule, while still having time for work or family responsibilities. NCE’s flexible online courses offer an accredited curriculum, combined with individualized student support from professional instructors and once-monthly meetings on campus. Through this hybrid-online format, students receive personal attention and guidance from professional faculty and staff, while still benefiting from the flexible schedules they need. With NCE, obtaining your training is now more possible than ever!
At NCE, the Medical Assistant program teaches students the skills they need to be successful in this growing field. Students at NCE learn administrative skills including:
- Greeting patients and answering telephone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Updating and filing patients' medical records
- Verifying patient information and health insurance
- Completing and filing paperwork such as surgical permission forms, health check forms and insurance paperwork
As well as clinical skills including:
- Preparing the examination rooms
- Measuring patients' vital signs
- Administering medications and injections
- Recording information in medical recordkeeping systems, such as the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
- Preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies
- Collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing
- Preparing the patient for any scheduled procedures, and helping to answer questions they may have regarding the procedure
NCE’s program provides practical, hands-on training to prepare graduates for a variety of entry-level positions in this rewarding healthcare field. With training from NCE, you will be prepared for an entry-level medical career as a medical assistant. Graduates of NCE’s program are prepared to obtain the National Healthcareer Association Certification from the NHA certifying agency, professional certification that demonstrates your level of skill and knowledge.
NCE is an accredited member of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and NCE’s programs meet national standards that potential employers value. NCE’s Career Services Department provides every student with assistance in obtaining a position upon graduation, and continues to assist graduates throughout the duration of their career. The Career Service Department offers:
- Professional development and individualized job placement advising
- Assistance in the preparation of effective resumes and cover letters
- Assistance in preparation for job interviews and completing job applications
- Contacting prospective employers
- Career fairs and on-campus interviewing
- Access to NCE’s extensive network of employers in Northern California
When you choose NCE for your career training, you gain access to accredited curriculum, professional instruction, and a community of support. Our professional faculty and helpful staff have a mission to see you succeed, and at NCE we do everything we can to help you prepare you for a career in your chosen field. If you are ready to train for a rewarding career in the growing field of healthcare, call NCE at 1-916-970-3517 today! With NCE’s Medical Assistant program you can gain the skills you need to enter this rewarding field in as few as 9 months. Located in Citrus Heights, California, NCE can train you for success as a medical assistant. What are you waiting for? Train for a new career with NCE!